Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 10, 2009

Catching up...June and a little bit of July!


This is my attempt to recap our summer so far...I wish I could post all the pictures and be more descriptive, but if I did, I'd never catch up!

JUNE

Greg went to King of Prussia, Pennsylvania for a week. It was for his job, so I don't have any pictures of that! We sure did miss him while he was gone. He got home just in time for Bailey's birthday! He'll be going back to KOP, PA the first week of August. :(

We celebrated Bailey's 8th birthday with an American Idol Slumber party. Those girls could really karaoke some Taylor Swift songs! Paxton even had a contestant number. We were so glad that my parents could be there to help out.






You know it's a good party when someone ends up with underwear on their head! I think they were playing truth or dare.


We traveled to Atlanta to see family and to introduce Paxton to his Grandma Beep Beep, two of his uncles, and lots of cousins for the first time!


While there, we were also able to introduce Pax to his great grandmother, Nanny Bug. He also met one of his many great aunts!

Greg's cousin Cheryl came from Wichita to visit us. Bailey and Mira had a blast putting on fashion shows and Beckham enjoyed having Adam as a "new" buddy. We all went to St. Augustine for the day and had lots of fun! We even went to a wax museum!





After a day at St. Augustine we all went to Mickler Beach. It was Paxton's first time to be at the ocean. Beckham waded in the ocean a little too deep and wiped out (imagine that!). He had to ride home naked!





We spent a week at the beach in Daytona with my parents. While we were there the kids got to eat at Bubba Gump's for the first time. We also released a birthday balloon on the beach to honor baby Jack's first birthday. It was a fun and relaxing week.









We met up with the Ballards at Epcot for a day. It was hot, but the company was awesome. It's so nice to meet up with your friends and feel like you haven't missed a beat!





During June Paxton had his two month shots and I had my first car wreck! No pics of either of those June events - too traumatic!

At the end of June we enjoyed a trip to Seagrove, Florida to meet up with John and Stephanie Land. It was great to see them and it was wonderful for the kids to all see each other again.





Promotion was an exciting event for the kids the last Sunday of June. Beck is now a member of the 4 year old Sunday school class and Bailey is now with the 3rd and 4th graders! They each got promotion certificates that made them very proud.




JULY

Of course we had to celebrate the fourth of July! We ate Mexican food (so patriotic!), bought fireworks (Paxton picked out the chicken that lays fire eggs!), had shaved ice, and shot fireworks. A busy and FUN day for all of us! Beckham is still nervous about the loud fireworks. I gave him Bailey's fuzzy purple ear muffs to put on. I'm not sure why he ended up taking his clothes off and leaving the muffs on...oh well!










Classic Beckham!


Unfortunately we've also been very busy this summer with Paxton's doctor appointments. He had an ultrasound done at Wolfson Children's hospital to check out some stuff going on with his spinal cord. That led to an MRI to confirm/rule out spinal issues. The procedure went smoothly and he did ok with the anesthesia. It took him a little while to wake up, but we were finally allowed to take him home.


Besides the MRI this week we have been at our church every night for VBS. I guess I should say that the kids have been there every night! We've taken advantage of some kid free time and have gone out to eat several nights in a row. It's been really nice!

It's hard to believe that it is already July! Paxton is now 12 weeks old (I can't bear to say 3 months! It just sounds too BIG!). He smiles ALL the time, sleeps pretty well, and hardly ever fusses. He is such a delightful baby. We all fall in love more and more with him each day. Beckham told me that his "heart was all the way full of love" for Paxton. It makes me just melt! Bailey is very protective of Paxton and tells me at least 10 times a day that he is her "very best friend in the entire world"!
We have been busy, busy, busy since Paxton was born. I keep thinking that things will slow down, but I know better! :) We still have a lot of things left to do this summer!

I will post more about Paxton's spinal issues later. It will have to be an entire post...stay tuned and continue to pray for the little guy!





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so good to "catch up" on you and your family. They are all so precious. Glad to know everyone is doing well. Paxton will continue to be in our prayers. Love ya!

Jenn said...

Okay, Pollard...Love all of the pics! Paxton is soooo precious....he is making my heart be "full of love" too by just looking at his pictures!! :) Don't you just love being in Florida where everyone comes though on vacation so you get to have little reunions all of the time?!!! Love it!!

Anonymous said...

The pictures say it all - Paxton and Grandma Beep Beep, friend pictures, and Beckham in the earmuffs and undies! And, you look great!! I miss you so much I can't stand it!

Love to you and the gang,
Midge

Lindsey Eason said...

Wow - that was such an impressive post! It takes me nearly 2 days to post just a few pics (thanks to our slow computer)...all I could think when I saw all your pictures was that it would've taken me 3 weeks to do that - lol! Shannon, you look beautiful - I can't even tell you were pregnant 2 months ago! I'm sorry to hear you were in a car accident...hope everyone (including your vehicle) is ok! I also didn't know that Paxton was having Spinal issues...I know you're busy, but if you get a chance, could you fill me in (through email or on your blog?). I'll be praying for your little man!

The Lee Family 4 said...

Love the pics. thank you for remembering Jack and honoring him by releasing the birthday balloon. We love you guys and Paxton has our prayers. So much love to you and yours.

The Warriors said...

We are sending up extra prayers for you guys...wish you were closer!

Kim said...

Loved catching up on your posts. You have a beautiful family and I'm so glad you guys are enjoying Florida. I'll be praying for Paxton and be checking to get the latest update.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful family, Shannon. The underwear on the head from Bailey's party reminded me for some reason of our Brownie trip to some camp (Camp Story?)-- maybe the truth or dares on that trip -- and some song about loving a guy whose name I can't remember now. Anyway!

I'll be looking forward to updates about Paxton.

Anonymous said...

Shan,
You look so beautiful and I can't wait to meet Paxton in person. I've been studying for my NCLEX exam and some days are better than others.
Love,
Vera