Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and finally FLORIDA!

We have officially been in Florida for one week!

Many of the boxes have been unpacked and I actually hung pictures in Beck's room today. Several of the rooms are close to being set up with the exception of window coverings. Did I mention that we have 30 windows in this house? We haven't ordered blinds for the windows yet, so I'm pretty sure that our new neighbors have seen some naked streakers running through our house. At this point, we don't really care! We are just glad to all be together.

Here's Beckham's version of unpacking

Night brings some homesick feelings for myself and the kids. Besides our friends and family, so far the kids have mentioned the following things they are homesick about:

-The glow in the dark stars on the ceiling in Bailey's old room (I think this has been mentioned at least 25 times)
-The white cabinet in the kitchen that contained the kid's snacks (Beckham spent a lot of time going back and forth to this area)
-The people on the walls of the playroom that I painted for the kids. Bailey has been so worried about this!
-Wild River Country

Tomorrow we had planned on visiting a new church, but Bailey threw a hitch in that plan by getting a mild stomach bug. Only one actual barf session, but LOTS of complaining about not feeling up to par tonight. We'll see how she's feeling in the morning. I've not been feeling up to snuff today either so we'll see...I don't think we'll be going back to eat at Huddle House for a while!

Things haven't all been bad! We've been to the beach twice this week. Just threw on our suits, grabbed a beach towel and hopped in the car. Life is rough here in Florida! I have had to come to the realization that my car will probably have a constant hint of sand on the floorboards! I guess that's a small price to pay...

Since we are FINALLY at a point where the pace has slowed down (especially since our other car wasn't delivered until Wednesday and the kids and I have been STUCK at the new house) Beckham is using the potty pretty consistently. I have some funny pictures that I am hoping to post if I can find one that is G rated!

He has to aim just right! Check out that stance!

Before I go, I want to ask you to pray for my friend Melissa Hicks and her family. She had a baby, Janey, with the same birth defect as Olivia only a short time before Olivia was born. She is expecting another baby girl, Brecken, due this October. The ultrasound they had last week showed a problem with the kidneys that could be very serious. Please pray for Melissa, John, Kayden and baby Brecken. Pray that Brecken's kidneys will function as they should, and that she will be born healthy. Also pray for Melissa and that God would be with her. I cannot imagine how she must be feeling right now.

I'm going to leave you with some pictures from the road trip to Jacksonville (all 900 miles of it - yes, WITHOUT a DVD player. Don't worry, the kids were great travelers!).

Day one of the trip, nice Dorito mouth!

I barely got this one as we were speeding down the interstate!


Excited to be in Florida!


Hip Hip Hooray!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see more pictures and read more!!! We tried calling you on your old cell phone. Does it still work? We miss you guys and we miss the kids!
Love,
Vera

Anonymous said...

I am with Vera on the cell phone question...

Glad to see you made it safely and are getting set up. Can't wait to talk to you!

Love,
Amy

Jennifer Floyd said...

YEAH!! I'm so glad to know that you all made it safely and are starting to get settled!!! I can't wait to hear and see more!!

Love you!

Jenn

Chad said...

Congrats on your move. I am sure you will love the Florida life. Teale and I always talk about moving to Florida, but just haven't found a "valid" reason as of yet.

Misti said...

So glad to hear you are having fun and hitting the beach! I miss you guys so much already and pray for you daily!
Love you!
Misti

Jill said...

Are you people kidding? They didn't answer their cell phones when they were in LR! I gave up on that years ago, although I did call to hear the voicemail as well. Hah!

Glad you are settling in safe, miss you much!

Anonymous said...

so glad you made it safely...don't you love the beach! next time we are down there I will give you a call. thanks for the prayers!

Ashley said...

Shannon - thanks for checking in - Looks like you and your family have been busy! I hope Florida is treating you well.