Paxton Dean King
We finally decided on a name for the little guy...Paxton Dean King. Dean is in honor of Greg's dad who passed away several years ago, and Paxton - well, we just liked that name. Bailey had the final decision on names and Paxton Dean is what she chose.
Little man weighed in at 6 lbs. 11 oz and was 19 1/4 inches long. We didn't make it to the scheduled c-section for Thursday the 16th. Paxton decided to come a few days early on Monday, April 13th at 12:38 pm via c-section. My water broke around 1am on Monday so around 4:30am I woke Greg and Beckham up (Bailey was spending the night with a friend because they didn't have school Monday) and we went to the hospital. After confirming that it was amniotic fluid and not something else a c-section was scheduled for noon. Although I've had 4 c-section I've been "privileged" to still have to endure actual labor for 3 of them. Do my kids love me or what?!!!! Luckily noon came pretty quickly so I wasn't uncomfortable for too long.
`I was disappointed that my parents weren't able to be there for the actual birth, but my mom was able to change her flight and was there in less than 24 hours and my dad came as originally planned on Wednesday. The hospital only kept us for 2 nights so we were home by Wednesday. It was a crazy several days with lots of stories to tell, but the short version is that our sweet baby boy is healthy and we are home enjoying lots of cuddle time together. I feel much better now that the 20 staples have been removed from the incision site. I am taking it easy and am so thankful to have help from my mom, Greg, and the kids. I am looking forward to feeling 100% very soon! We've had so many kind people bring food and offer to help. I also had a dear friend fly in from Little Rock on Monday with her little girl. She was so helpful and I really enjoyed getting to spend time with her.
`
The birth experience was a very happy occasion and we were able to put past sad experiences behind us and truly enjoy meeting our son. This is such an answered prayer. The sound of Paxton's first cry was one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard. What a blessing he will be to our family.
`
`
Here are some pictures for you to enjoy. Many more to come!







16 comments:
This post just makes me happy. Congratulations on your newest addition, Paxton!
Beautiful baby & family. So happy everything went well. Congratulations!
Love all the pics! You guys are such a beautiful family. Congrats!!
He is awesome! Congrats!
I am so excited to see pics of all of you! Little man is precious. I am so happy for you, Shannon. It brings back memories for me. Love ya!
Hey-I know I've told you a few links before, and I see that you have some listed on your blog, so after I read your post (before Easter) I wanted to tell you this one:
www.marygracesummons.blogspot.com
This mother just had their 4th baby, AnnaGrace and her 3rd daughter, Mary Grace, is in Heaven with your Olivia.
I think it's 3 posts before the most recent, she posted a letter to her 4th baby, that totally made me think of you and some of the things you posted about. Thought you may like to see it.
Congrats! I love the name.
He is beautiful! I am so happy for you guys. Love on him a lot :)
I just love your sweet family! So happy for you!
Congrats you guys...he is absolutely beautiful!!
Oh, Shan....He is so perfect!! I love all the pictures and we are so very thankful that he is home and being loved on by everyone!! :)
So glad to see pictures of sweet Paxton and your family. Congratulations to you all.
I am counting down the days until it is my turn!!!!! Love and Love and More Love!!!! Call me when you can!
The pictures are beautiful. WE are here is you need us! Talked to Greg a few times. I know you are enjoying your time. Congratulations!
The Lee Family
SO happy for you guys!!!
He is such a CUTIE!! I love the pictures! I have got to update my blog soon! Thanks for putting the pressure on! I am just so happy for your family and your newest addition! Congratulations!
Post a Comment